The Lakehouse, Chef Jason Wilson’s newest spot in Bellevue, adds brunch starting this Saturday, September 30. In line with the Lakehouse’s farm-to-table approach, the brunch menu includes both sweet and savory offerings with ingredients from a range of Northwest farms and purveyors.
Featured dishes and tipples include:
- Cocoa Coffee Flour Pancake Short Stack, Blueberries & Yogurt, Walnuts, Sticky Toffee
- Grilled Albacore Tuna, Summer Squash & Garden Bean Salad, Soft Cooked Egg, Tomato, Black Olive Tapenade
- “Shrimp n Grits,” Spot Prawns, Anson Mills Grits, Tomato Chutney, Peppers & Grilled Onions
- Grilled Mishima Ranch Butchers Cut Steak, Anson Mills Cheddar Gritts, Garlicky Sautéed Kale, Sunnyside Up Eggs
- Build- your-own Mimosas to Share (Orange, Pom-Cran and Grapefruit- Elderflower)
- Bloody Marys with fresh vegetables and house-made bloody mary mix, with a house-made bacon vodka option.
Coffee flour, a byproduct of coffee bean production, makes an appearance in a few places on the menu, one is particularly unexpected: a coffee flour chocolate cherry martini. Wilson is executive chef and creative director of product development for Coffee Flour (the company). You may have seen coffee flour on the shelves at Trader Joe’s several months back. It’ll be interesting to see how the execution works there, as they’re using a Godiva coffee flour syrup. If you’ve ever made your own chocolate syrup using cocoa, I’m betting it’s the same.
The Lakehouse is located at the Lincoln Square Expansion (10455 NE 5th Place, Bellevue; 425- 454-7075). Weekend brunch is available Saturdays and Sundays, from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.