Sometimes there’s no big story. Sometimes it’s just what you made for dinner. That sometime is now.
FridayNightSlice: The Costco ComboPrint Recipe
- 1 ball of dough from Kenji's NY Style pizza dough
- 1/3 c. crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 t. dried oregano
- olive oil to drizzle
- 1/4 c. sliced black olives, drained
- 1/3 c. red bell pepper, large dice
- 1/3 c. green bell pepper, large dice
- 2-3 slices red onion, separated
- 6-8 slices pepperoni, diced
- ~ 1 c. grated dry mozzarella
- cornmeal for dusting the pizza peel
In the upper third of your oven, preheat Baking Steel for ~ 1 hour at 500F. Turn up to broil or 550F when ready to bake.
Dust your pizza peel with flour and cornmeal. Pat the dough into roughly a 10-inch round, careful not to flatten the edges. Make sure it slides easily on the peel.
Spread the crushed tomatoes on the dough using the back of a spoon, leaving ~1/2 in. border. Sprinkle on the oregano and drizzle with olive oil. Add the mozzarella first, then olives, bell peppers, onion and pepperoni.
Bake for 7-9 minutes (5-7 if broiling) or until the cheese is bubbly and the crust is well browned. Let rest on a cooling rack for 1-2 minutes. Slice and serve.